Please note that you can install any portal server version on Linux (e.g.; IBM WebSphere Portal 7, IBM WebSphere Portal 6.1.5 with Lotus Web Content Management 6.1.5) using these steps. Just search for proper part files and execute the following commands accordingly.
- Download the following part files, from IBM Partner World – Software Access Catalog:
- CZ8G7ML, CZ8H5ML, CZ8I4ML, CZ8I5ML, CZ8I6ML, CZ8I7ML
- Execute the following commands in sequence:
Extract part file ‘CZ8G7ML’ archive to directory named ‘IL-Setup’
unzip CZ8G7ML.zip -d IL-SetupMake a new directory named ‘IL-1’
mkdir IL-1Extract part file ‘CZ8H5ML’ archive to directory named ‘IL-1’
tar xvzf CZ8H5ML.tgz -C IL-1Extract part file ‘CZ8I4ML’ archive to directory named ‘IL-3’
unzip CZ8I4ML.zip -d IL-3Extract part file ‘CZ8I5ML’ archive to directory named ‘IL-4’
unzip CZ8I5ML.zip -d IL-4Extract part file ‘CZ8I6ML’ archive to directory named ‘IL-5’
unzip CZ8I6ML.zip -d IL-5Extract part file ‘CZ8I7ML’ archive to directory named ‘IL-5A’
unzip CZ8I7ML.zip -d IL-5A
- Now we are ready to execute the setup as we have extracted all the part files with proper naming. During installation it will not prompt you to change the installation CD, as it will detect them automatically due to proper directory names. Make sure that all these directories exists on the same path, preferably in ‘/tmp’ directory.
- Navigate to ‘IL-Setup’ directory and execute the setup by executing following command:
sudo ./install.sh –consoleIf your Linux has GUI then use following command, and follow the wizard-based installation:sudo ./install.sh
- Enter the required details such as; installation path, credentials, etc.
- After successful installation navigate to ‘<Portal-Installation-Dir>/wp_profile/bin’ and execute the following command to start the server:
sudo ./startServer.sh WebSphere_Portal
Streebo, being an Advanced IBM Business Partner has helped many companies to leverage the IBM platform for enabling smart mobile and web based applications, we try to solve common problems faced by developers of the same platform with our unique approach. Feel free to comment below or contact us.