We are in an era where technology is driving businesses, helping them reduce costs, improve quality, enhance safety and increase throughput. That is why we see auditors and inspection officers from industries like engineering, manufacturing and construction using paperless processes to manage their checklists and report problems.
The traditional process of taking a field inspection form to the computer and manually entering all the details is cumbersome and error-prone. Technology has allowed field inspectors to fasten the process and make it more accurate by switching to mobile forms.
Switching from paper-based forms is the most logical decision. Must bear in mind, however, that an advanced field inspection mobile form should have the following features.
– Offline Support : Capture data even in offline mode, data gets saved in cache and uploaded to the server as soon as connectivity is back – With an Offline form builder, always work uninterrupted.
– Barcode Reader : Capture information through barcode scanners and easily upload product details or identify ideal vendors
– Image Annotation : Click images of faulty parts for documentation. Easily mark these images to highlight key problems. Attach annotated images to these forms.
– Rich Media Capture : Capture faulty moving parts and machinery using video and record audio for quick reference. Rich information means a quick resolution.
– E-Signatures : Instantly collect sign-offs on any project by capturing e signatures even from remote locations.
– Geo-Tagging : Geotag equipment that needs repair or replacement so that the engineer can easily locate it.
– Flexible Integrations : Save the time and efforts to fill every field in the inspection form. Connect your forms to the database and prepopulate fields by fetching data from the database.
Here are a few reasons why a feature-rich mobile form for field inspection a crucial part of digital transformation.
In large manufacturing units, factories and construction sites – field inspection, data collection, and reporting play a crucial role in maintaining the facility well. It eliminates the possibility of losses caused due to breakdown, safety hazard, faulty equipment, etc.
Now, in a traditional setup, after the inspector reports problems, an action is not taken until the information from these forms is manually entered in a PC. This causes bottlenecks and delays the process. With feature-rich forms, however, the inspector directly collects data and sends reports – so there are no bottlenecks. Quick and seamless reporting leads to quick action and problem redressal.
Easily retrieve and compare data – get actionable insights
All data entered in forms is stored in a database and accessed when needed. This means that it is easy to detect equipment that needs frequent repairs. Further, it can also be determined based on insights on whether to replace equipment or register a complaint with the vendor and so on.
Send Reminders and notifications
The system reports issues with timelines. Based on these timelines, reminders, and notifications are sent to the involved stakeholders.
Omnichannel mobile form
Another advantage of using mobile forms is that there no dependency on a device. Field inspectors can use any assigned device or also bring their own devices and still carry out field inspection without any hitch.
Get in touch to know how you can switch to field inspection mobile forms and make your processes smart and efficient.